Tuesday, August 9, 2016

lawnscaping challenge #135

Hello there!  It’s Lorraine here, sharing a card that I’m submitting to Lawnscaping Challenge#135: Patterned Palooza.


I was pretty excited about this challenge because I’ve been trying to use up bits of scrap paper that I just refuse to throw away.  So putting this card together really helped make a dent in my scrap paper pile.  I first grabbed some Lawn Fawn paper scraps in several shades of blue.  Then I used various Circle Stackable dies to cut out half-moon shapes in various sizes.


I then adhered the die-cuts with glue and foam tape to get some dimension.  Next, I stamped, colored (with Copics), and die-cut the otter using the Year 5 stamp set and corresponding Year 5 lawn cuts.


I popped the cute otter up on some foam tape.  And then my gutsy move  -- stamping  the sentiment after I had placed down all the waves and otter.  Not perfect placement, but I still dig it.


Thank you for taking a look.

3 comments :

  1. Wow, that is so awesome how you achieved the depth on those waves! Great card! Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg!!! This is so adorable and creative!!!
    Great way to use those scraps!

    ReplyDelete